FC Nutbush
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We'll take the point (1-1 game)

5 posters

Go down

We'll take the point (1-1 game) Empty We'll take the point (1-1 game)

Post  mwass Sun Mar 29, 2009 9:51 pm

Considering all that we had to deal with tonight coming out of that game with a point was amazing! For those of you couldn't make it we were without Frank the Tank, he was out with some stomach issues and yours truly had to play keep. We started out with just 10 and didn't get a sub until about 10-15 minutes in. We got 2 more subs shortly after that, at that point it was 1-0 Frayser on a 2-1 breakaway. We tied it up about 10 minutes before the half. It went back and forth for awhile, we had a pretty good game and held possession for most of the half until Herold picked up a second yellow on what seemed like a bullshit call. He got a yellow for a foul and then another on the free kick, I guess for delaying a restart. We played some great defense! They only had a few shots on goal and most of them were directed right at me, it was fun playing keeper but I don't want to ever play it again!!!!
mwass
mwass

Back to top Go down

We'll take the point (1-1 game) Empty Re: We'll take the point (1-1 game)

Post  flin Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:31 pm

Great job, Wass. You got a few good saves, especially the one on the goal line against 3 Fraysers, that was a top save in the league.
The fast break was all mine fault. Misjudged the ball, and turned too late.

flin

Back to top Go down

We'll take the point (1-1 game) Empty Sorry I missed it....

Post  jwillams77 Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:11 am

I hated missing the cage match Sad

The wife goes back to work this week and they are offering her one day a week after two weeks of full time work. She has to go in Sunday, then the next Friday, Saturday, Sunday for the next two weeks after, then gets to one day a week part time work. The unfortunate thing for Men's Soccer is her one day a week will now be Sundays. So my 50% chance of making it to a Men's game probably just got worse, Luckily grandmother lives in GTown and She says she'll babysit each game. But I wanted to let the team know.
jwillams77
jwillams77

Back to top Go down

Post  stolleee Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:41 am

I was happy with the outcome considering what we went through. The weather sucked, the field sucked and what it came down to was pure determination. I think they thought it was going to be easier than what they experienced.

We could have won that game
steve

stolleee

Back to top Go down

Post  mwass Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:40 am

stolleee wrote:I was happy with the outcome considering what we went through. The weather sucked, the field sucked and what it came down to was pure determination. I think they thought it was going to be easier than what they experienced.

steve

They're a confident and cocky bunch, which is why they had to form their own team. I couldn't take some of their egos any longer!! We could have and should have won that game!
mwass
mwass

Back to top Go down

Post  mwass Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:42 am

flin wrote:Great job, Wass. You got a few good saves, especially the one on the goal line against 3 Fraysers, that was a top save in the league.
The fast break was all mine fault. Misjudged the ball, and turned too late.

You had a great game man, if it wasn't for your defense they probably would have had quite a few more chances! It looked like a good through ball to me, not like it was anyone's fault.
mwass
mwass

Back to top Go down

Post  stolleee Mon Mar 30, 2009 1:06 pm

mwass wrote:
stolleee wrote:I was happy with the outcome considering what we went through. The weather sucked, the field sucked and what it came down to was pure determination. I think they thought it was going to be easier than what they experienced.

steve

They're a confident and cocky bunch, which is why they had to form their own team. I couldn't take some of their egos any longer!! We could have and should have won that game!

Oh, I was unaware that they were Nutbush members. I thought they were just a bunch of people that thought we were going to be an easy win (like last year) and were caught off guard.

Now, it is more clearly as to the tempo and aggressiveness of the game.

stolleee

Back to top Go down

Post  hjwhiskeyd Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:03 pm

You guys came in 3-1 and we're 1-3. Coming into the game I didn't think we'd net a win and was happy with the draw.

Last years score doesn't show how close that was either. Poor Lucas missed two open nets then.

The way you guys are headed I don't see us realistically catching up on the table. Our one win (against Hanmaum) certainly isn't anything to brag about.

hjwhiskeyd

Back to top Go down

Post  mwass Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:15 pm

hjwhiskeyd wrote:You guys came in 3-1 and we're 1-3. Coming into the game I didn't think we'd net a win and was happy with the draw.

Last years score doesn't show how close that was either. Poor Lucas missed two open nets then.

The way you guys are headed I don't see us realistically catching up on the table. Our one win (against Hanmaum) certainly isn't anything to brag about.

We have wins against Airirang, Hanmaum and TN United all sitting at the bottom of the division.
We have a good team and realistically should have beat Pride but we didn't, rubber match should be interesting. Also, Warriors are going to be tough as hell especially since Herold is out! We have some really tough games coming up!!!
mwass
mwass

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down