FC Nutbush
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I apologize to you all

+4
jwillams77
mwass
entjim
v.Horn
8 posters

Go down

I apologize to you all Empty I apologize to you all

Post  v.Horn Sun Oct 12, 2008 8:34 pm

So here's what happened:

I tackle the guy somewhere near the Spot, as I spin up to my feet to clear the ball he pulls my jersey from behind so hard that I hear the seam in the neck start to give way. It was such a violent pull that it pulled me off the ball as I was kicking. My first thought was this guy was choking me with my jersey, so I spin with a low elbow to knock him off me. As I spin to meet him, I shove his shoulder to half spin him and catch him in a full body bear hug. At this point he is so close to his first UFC match he doesn't know it. As the Center approaches he starts to admonish me for swinging an elbow, he obviously didn't see the guy pull my jersey or the fact that is was so hard that it pulled me off the ball. This is where I started to boil. Had I not left the field when I did, things would have gotten ugly and due to my respect for the Game, for GMSA, and the Center I felt my only option was to leave the area.

I will be e-mailing to League to apologize for my disrespect to the Center. The guy has always done a good job and has always kept control of matches. I got hot and all I could do to keep my dignity was leave.

To my teammates, I am sorry for all of my actions. Few times in my 20 years of play have I let such a thing get under my skin. To be honest, when my jersey was grabbed I went into fight or flight and from that point forward I was on the borderline of over-reaction. I play the game hard and I play the game fair, I have too much respect for each of you to act in a way that would disrepect our team and our sportsmanship.

So that is why I left the field immediately. By the time I was on the Parkway all was good and I realized it's just a game. Once again, I apologize to all of you.

Also, Matt if you would apologize to your friends on Frayser for me. Nice group of guys, they play a nice, hard match. And big, blonde up front, other than giving him too much space on this goal, I enjoyed every second of marking him. He is very determined and fights through on every ball. He was a good challenge for an old man. But don't apologize to the guy that pulled my shirt, he's a little, pathetic, C-word.

van

And by the way, we are a way better club than Frayser. Had we had our full roster, we would have destroyed them. The blonde kid up front (and yes, I should have marked him tight on the first goal), has decent speed, but limited skill. The short kid with long, dark hair is an excellent player, but in all reality he has no help. To me he is that team.

v.Horn

Back to top Go down

I apologize to you all Empty Missed Game

Post  entjim Sun Oct 12, 2008 8:52 pm

Sorry I wasn't at the last two games all. I pulled my hamstring before the last one, and one of those important personal emergencies came up for this one. I let Matt know that I wasn't going to make it before both. I won't miss anymore for the rest of the season.

How many people showed up? I saw the score. That really bums me out.

entjim

Back to top Go down

I apologize to you all Empty Re: I apologize to you all

Post  mwass Sun Oct 12, 2008 11:07 pm

entjim wrote:Sorry I wasn't at the last two games all. I pulled my hamstring before the last one, and one of those important personal emergencies came up for this one. I let Matt know that I wasn't going to make it before both. I won't miss anymore for the rest of the season.

How many people showed up? I saw the score. That really bums me out.

We had 12, it was really an even game. We had as many quality chances as they did, they just finished.
Thanks for letting me know about your not being able to make the game. We'll hopefully finish this season up strong, I think this is a good team that can at least end the season on a nice streak.

Don't beat yourself up Van, shit happens! That guy is one of the few players on that team that
I don't know.
mwass
mwass

Back to top Go down

Post  jwillams77 Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:19 am

It's cool Van. Next week's another game.

Jim, what the score doesnt tell you is the unfortunate number of completely open goals we kicked wide of. Lucas felt so bad he took shots on goal after the game just to practice. It was an even game as is, they made their shots and we missed ours.

I agree with Van that with the missing 8 on the pitch we're a better team and could beat AC Frayser, but I know they were missing a few players as well so I think our teams are very much a "any given Sunday" kind of rivalry. What I hate most is now it will be awhile before we get another crack at them. If Matt and Bashum could work it out, I'd play in a scrimmage post season in a heart beat. That was a very fun game.
jwillams77
jwillams77

Back to top Go down

I apologize to you all Empty Hurting

Post  kebo Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:34 am

We started off like we were sleeping. When we finally woke up in the second half and the game started to be fun. Great game by Frank as always. Thanks to everyone who came out to play. I wanted this game more than any soccer game I have ever played. I have a very bad taste in my mouth this morning. Not to mention the fact I feel like I went through a ten round fight. We had some great looks that we just could not convert on. That game could have gone either way, unfourtantley it went the wrong way. I hope we get another shot at them in the playoffs. Way to keep fighting out there until the end.

kebo

Back to top Go down

Post  bgoswick Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:21 am

Disappointing game. They played a slightly better game, evidenced by the fact they were able to put more in the net than we did. By winning our final two games we may have the opportunity for a playoff game, where I suppose we could meet up with them again. Van...you play an awesome game and am glad to have you on the field. However, I think you should have to wear a skirt for our next game as pennance.

bgoswick

Back to top Go down

Post  flin Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:13 pm

That's alright, Van. We love you as always.

flin

Back to top Go down

Post  hjwhiskeyd Mon Oct 13, 2008 2:39 pm

Just like I told Matt after the game - If we played 10 games, I think they'd end up half and half. I really wanted to come in here and gloat, but after playing/watching the game it wouldn't make sense. The scoreline certainly doesn't tell how close the game actually was. I think the unfortunate part is both teams didn't have a healthy number of subs due to injuries and members being out of town. I know we were missing key players as were you guys. People should get their priorities straight and realize rec league soccer comes first. You all certainly had a ferocious second wind after your goal. When the ref said 8 minutes I thought he was about to say 1 minute.

Van - no apologies necessary. I certainly understand the level of frustration on the pitch when it comes to jersey pulls, arm grabs, shoulders in the face/back, etc.

Kevin - Somehow my jaw is still in the same place. I almost thought you took it off at the end there. Hope your berries are ok. They have a Rugby league in town that I think you'd dominate in.

We should definitely get a scrimmage going before next season. We tried to do it beforehand, but I couldn't round up the players. Should be able to this time. A lot of players this year were last minute, but the squad we have now is pretty solid.

hjwhiskeyd

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum