FC Nutbush
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Good game.

3 posters

Go down

Good game. Empty Good game.

Post  flin Tue Sep 02, 2008 11:48 pm

We lost by 3, but it was still a close match. There were a couple of great chances, I screwed up the best one (btw: nice overhead pass, john/phil? Sorry, it'll take me some time to get everyone's name right Razz )

There are quite a few things that we can improve, let's start with these two:

1. Take control of the ball, slow down, look up for teammates. We have been pushing the ball almost only forwards all the time, and a high percentage of turnovers are because of "panic" passes. Sometimes it's good to slow down and look around (even look back) to see who's open. People in the back usually have a better view of what's going on in the front and have more space and time to deal with it. Plus, it helps to move the WHOLE team forward, so we don't leave a big vacuum in the middle to our opponent.

2. Find the weak spot of our opponent and take advantage of it. Our opponent did pretty good at this. In the second half, the ran down our right side many times, because we had only two girls on the right, and our middle fielders were exhausted in the front after a quick turnover. In the last few minutes, they had two girls on their right, too, but we weren't doing well over there.

Anyways, just my 2 cents. I am looking forward to our next game. cheers

flin

Back to top Go down

Good game. Empty Re: Good game.

Post  mwass Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:02 am

flin wrote:We lost by 3, but it was still a close match. There were a couple of great chances, I screwed up the best one (btw: nice overhead pass, john/phil? Sorry, it'll take me some time to get everyone's name right Razz )

There are quite a few things that we can improve, let's start with these two:

1. Take control of the ball, slow down, look up for teammates. We have been pushing the ball almost only forwards all the time, and a high percentage of turnovers are because of "panic" passes. Sometimes it's good to slow down and look around (even look back) to see who's open. People in the back usually have a better view of what's going on in the front and have more space and time to deal with it. Plus, it helps to move the WHOLE team forward, so we don't leave a big vacuum in the middle to our opponent.

2. Find the weak spot of our opponent and take advantage of it. Our opponent did pretty good at this. In the second half, the ran down our right side many times, because we had only two girls on the right, and our middle fielders were exhausted in the front after a quick turnover. In the last few minutes, they had two girls on their right, too, but we weren't doing well over there.

Anyways, just my 2 cents. I am looking forward to our next game. cheers

Well said!

I feel sorry for our girls, 2 games and no subs. Hopefully we'll get them subs next time out. When we have a full squad we need to get a good rotation going.
mwass
mwass

Back to top Go down

Post  jwillams77 Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:26 pm

hey my 40 yard run directly into the defender right in front of me was amazing! Laughing

I think with subs and without 4 games a week we'll give Nitro a competitive game.
jwillams77
jwillams77

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down