FC Nutbush
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

7 v 7 , Indoor, or Both

+2
mwass
jwillams77
6 posters

Go down

7 v 7 , Indoor, or Both Empty 7 v 7 , Indoor, or Both

Post  jwillams77 Tue May 13, 2008 1:52 pm

GMSA is going to try to do an Summer Only Indoor league;

* With the initial success of our men's indoor division, we're going to try to continue to run a Monday night men's league after our current one ends. Due to popular demand, we're also going to try to start a summer-only and winter-only league, that will play on Thursdays (men) and Tuesdays (coed). It will depend on the availability of the Southaven facility, but we're hopeful that we can make it work and get something lined up to start around mid-June.

I'd definately be down for mens and coed playing since it's down in Southaven, Anyone else interested?
jwillams77
jwillams77

Back to top Go down

7 v 7 , Indoor, or Both Empty Re: 7 v 7 , Indoor, or Both

Post  mwass Tue May 13, 2008 2:11 pm

I'm not sure what I'm going to do over the summer, indoor sounds like fun. I might do an outdoor co-ed team but not men's. Maybe we can do a men's indoor, it depends on a few things. Just wanted to let you guys know that Nutbush is splitting up, nothing personal to anyone, hope there are no hard feelings. Anyone who wants to go to the other team (name to be determined) is fine by me, if you wish to stay that is also fine by me I won't try to stop anyone or complain. I'll be restocking the roster with some of Marc's friends and maybe some old Nutbush faces.

New team
Matt B
Eric
Corey
John C
Ryan
Ysaac
Tim

Old team
Matt W
Kevin
Frank
Marc
Evandro
?????, I'm hoping that Javier can return this fall from his injury and that the rest of the players that are currently on the roster decide to stay (I won't hold it against you if you leave). I know of some players that will be transferring to Nutbush but I can't name them just yet.

Last edited by mwass on Tue May 13, 2008 2:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
mwass
mwass

Back to top Go down

Post  hjwhiskeyd Tue May 13, 2008 2:24 pm

It's not anyone's fault. Me and Matt have been trying for a long time to work things out, and it just hasn't been working. We love you kids. It's us, not you.

I'm prepared to offer Frank an endless supply of hard candy if he wants to come to our new team. Kidding of course (but no really, Frank, I can offer you whatever you want to buy at Toys-R-Us under $100) Smile

Really, though, no hard feelings. Me and Matt talked about it Monday for a while and I think some of us would kill each other if we played another season together and it would cease to be fun - and THAT, my friends, would suck. Those staying on Nutbush need to get Matt the black kits back as soon as you can because the new yet to be named team will be playing Summer Mens in them.

hjwhiskeyd

Back to top Go down

Post  Corey Tue May 13, 2008 4:34 pm

What the heck is going on?! Explanation! Mad
Corey
Corey

Back to top Go down

Post  jwillams77 Tue May 13, 2008 4:37 pm

<APPLAUD>

Corey wrote:What the heck is going on?! Explanation! Mad

</APPLAUD>
jwillams77
jwillams77

Back to top Go down

Post  hjwhiskeyd Tue May 13, 2008 5:05 pm

If we really got into it, it wouldn't solve anything and there would be a lot of unproductive finger pointing going on. It simply boils down to Matt and myself having a difference of opinion on the direction of the team. It's truly that simple. I already have some guys lined up, a couple leads on keepers, and going to start the Men's Summer league to try out interested players for the fall.

It's an amicable split, people.

Neither Matt or myself are going to actively recruit anyone to switch, but our feelings aren't going to be hurt if you do. Matt wrote earlier "if you wish to stay that is also fine by me I won't try to stop anyone or complain" - that goes both ways. If you don't like the player split, just contact him if you would prefer still playing with FC Nutbush.

hjwhiskeyd

Back to top Go down

Post  jwillams77 Wed May 14, 2008 9:55 am

So which team will continue to be about Mullets, Beer, Cars, and Dogs? I know that the Hanmaum loss was stressful, but really, for the 2007 - 2008 seasons, we had 6 more wins then... I dont know, EVER!. To me that says the team is getting better. Yes it sucked we lost, Yes we'll probably get knocked out of the playoffs when Hanmaum beats Express. But frankly, without any finger pointing at all, I can say that the efforts of every person on both "teams" resulted in 3 wins, 6 losses, and 1 tie this season. So I'm just not sure where the "difference" of direction is coming from?

also, when is the draft and how much are signing bonuses?
jwillams77
jwillams77

Back to top Go down

Post  mwass Wed May 14, 2008 10:57 am

jwillams77 wrote:So which team will continue to be about Mullets, Beer, Cars, and Dogs? I know that the Hanmaum loss was stressful, but really, for the 2007 - 2008 seasons, we had 6 more wins then... I dont know, EVER!. To me that says the team is getting better. Yes it sucked we lost, Yes we'll probably get knocked out of the playoffs when Hanmaum beats Express. But frankly, without any finger pointing at all, I can say that the efforts of every person on both "teams" resulted in 3 wins, 6 losses, and 1 tie this season. So I'm just not sure where the "difference" of direction is coming from?

also, when is the draft and how much are signing bonuses?

I'm sure both teams will carry on Mullets, Beer Cars and Dogs! If Curt will let them get away with it they'll be called Sporting Nutbush. We'll have a derby every season!! We did improve over this season, it was our most successful season to date and I'd like to thank those that are leaving for all of your hard work and dedication! I think the success may have lead to the split, as Matt and I said yesterday "its just time". Matt and I have to work together, I have to see that S.O.B. everyday! If we keep playing soccer together I'm eventually going to punch him in his face!!! Very Happy
mwass
mwass

Back to top Go down

Post  hjwhiskeyd Wed May 14, 2008 12:48 pm

It's true, and I don't think I could handle a punch from that manatee in the next cubicle. What a Face

hjwhiskeyd

Back to top Go down

Post  bgoswick Wed May 14, 2008 1:27 pm

What is this BS? You girls just need to kiss and make up.

Whatever ends up happening, thanks to John C, Corey, Kevin and Frank. I enjoyed being apart of the defense with you guys.

Wass/Bashum...thanks for handling all the stuff that went along with making Nutbush happening...putting together the roster, collecting the money, pay the ref's, bringing the water, etc.

Long live the 'Bush!

bgoswick

Back to top Go down

7 v 7 , Indoor, or Both Empty My demands

Post  frankdduncan Wed May 14, 2008 10:28 pm

Please see below:

1.) "Tiger" Gator Aid in Berry Fusion, 64 oz chilled to 38 1/2 degrees Fahrenheit.

2.) 6 - pack of Natural Light in 16 oz cans, also chilled to the above temperature, per save.

3.) Half ounce of "Jack Frost" per win. (if not familiar with this "item", contact your nearest drug dealer)

4.) Assasination of Hillary Clinton.

5.) Go ahead and get Obama as well.

6.) Mullet wig.

First to fulfill, and I'm staying with the Old Bush. Age before beauty.

Good times,

Frank the Tank out. Very Happy

frankdduncan

Back to top Go down

Post  hjwhiskeyd Thu May 15, 2008 9:26 am

We are prepared to offer you a handfull of "Free Admission to The Gold Club" coupons. Final offer.

hjwhiskeyd

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down