FC Nutbush
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mens Indoor - Game 1, Dec 14

3 posters

Go down

Mens Indoor - Game 1, Dec 14 Empty Mens Indoor - Game 1, Dec 14

Post  bgoswick Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:11 pm

Sure glad game 1 is out of the way, because I think we made all the mistakes a new team can make, so let's make some adjustments.

1) We didn't move the ball well, and ran way to much
2) We had to few subs.
3) Both goalie's sucked

For #2, we had a registration problem with one player that was just resolved, so we are now at 14 players. A couple guys stated early that they would only be there for about half the games, so that leaves us with 12 total right now. Out of 12, one is a goalie, bringing us to 11 field players. With 6 players on the field, that leaves 5 subs, assuming everyone shows up. Now, I don't like showing up for games when there are 7 subs, leaving minimal playing time. But I think if we can find a goalie, and add one more player, we might only run into that problem on a couple occassion. Please feel free to throw in your comments about this subject. But if there aren't many objections, I'm going to get busy on this asap.

Now for #3, I'm looking for a permanent person. If anyone know's of someone, please contact them or pass me their info and I will. I like the idea Joel had about picking up their fee's; so consider that done.

This leaves issue #1: Now, I'm a recreational player, meaning I'm not very techncial. I'm a 1-2 touch guy then pass, with a basic understanding of formations and strategy. Obviously, there were some very skilled players playing last night who I'm betting have some knowledge on how we can improve on this issue. So I'm very interested in your thoughts on a strategy going forward. Obviously, we will improve as we progress thru the season. But considering we played a Championship team last game, and we are playing a presumeably better Premier team next game, we need to make some quick improvements.

So please sound off!

bgoswick

Back to top Go down

Mens Indoor - Game 1, Dec 14 Empty Re: Mens Indoor - Game 1, Dec 14

Post  jwillams77 Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:11 pm

1) We didn't move the ball well, and ran way to much
2) We had to few subs.
3) Both goalie's sucked

1. I think we did ok given half the team hasnt played together and we played a championship team.
2. I agree, though more people active and at the games means More subbing. We need to have Indoor subs be a rotating door. 5 mins on 5 mins off. If you've been on for half the half, you need to come off let others play.
3. Hey, I rocked after the guy nutmeged me for the 9th goal. lol.
jwillams77
jwillams77

Back to top Go down

Post  mwass Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:41 pm

What was the score, I know jack shit about indoor. I know that I never want to play it!!
mwass
mwass

Back to top Go down

Post  bgoswick Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:22 pm

The score keeper stopped adding points after 10-2. But guestimating, it was 15-2.

bgoswick

Back to top Go down

Post  jwillams77 Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:10 pm

Hey, I think it was only 12 Smile I'm only twice at bad as you as a keeper, not 3 times hahaha.

Matt, You don't know what your missing. Yes, the game is brutal, but it's so fun.
jwillams77
jwillams77

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down