FC Nutbush
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thanks for playing

4 posters

Go down

Thanks for playing Empty Thanks for playing

Post  mwass Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:19 am

I enjoyed playing with all of you this season, this was somewhat of a disappointing one since I know we could have finished in the top half of the standings. I still enjoyed it and thought that all of the newcomers were good players and more importantly good guys. See you in the spring!
mwass
mwass

Back to top Go down

Thanks for playing Empty Re: Thanks for playing

Post  bgoswick Tue Oct 28, 2008 8:54 am

Yep, enjoyed playing and hate when the season ends. I'm with you though, I really thought we could have improved our standing in D4. Looks like we'll have a pretty new team for spring from the random conversations I heard at the end of our last game, with some key people not returning: Jimmy, Heitor, and surprisingly...Boyd the Bruiser. Justin did say he'd like to play next season and had a couple guys his age who were interested. I did see our stats were updated...we scored 8 goals, while allowing 21....we really need some help up front!

bgoswick

Back to top Go down

Post  jwillams77 Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:32 am

Well, FCNutbush is splitting up. Matt and I had a fight. We just cant play together anymore. It's not you, it's us.
affraid

Just kidding.
lol!

On a very serious note. It was a tough season, but all things said and done, I felt really good about a team that had to replace half its players from last season. We had a nasty bit of subs problems and that combined with low scoring flat knocked us out of contention but hopefully we can overcome those in the spring. Kevin for some reason believes his family needs a free night together, apparently soccer 2 nights a week and volleyball 3 nights a week is too much. We'll talk him out of it. What I overheard, Heitor was a maybe on the not returning, he has to check his travel. Jimmy's going to probably commit to one team in the Spring. I've got twins being born sometime in the middle of Indoor Season, but I do plan on playing on at least one of the Nutbush teams this Spring.

I say Frank talks Phil into coming over to the dark side on the Men's team to be a striker for a season. Marco gets Jimmy from Arsenal to drop down and be a center midfielder for us and we rock on next season.

Oh and Ranger's tank on Sunday so that they can stay D4 afro
jwillams77
jwillams77

Back to top Go down

Post  bgoswick Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:04 am

I thought you looked pregnant...just didn't want to say anything!

bgoswick

Back to top Go down

Post  jwillams77 Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:16 am

Yeah, I've blamed it on the knee, but really I'm 27 weeks preggers.
jwillams77
jwillams77

Back to top Go down

Post  mwass Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:40 am

Heitor should be back, I told him to give me his schedule during the spring and I'll work with him on it. He want's to play, we'll have Lucas back and also Joel. We're probably losing jimmy and James, Kevin is probably out as well. We'll be fine, remember we have Marco on our team. He'll find us as many players as we'll need! I also have a former Nutbush player coming back who is an excellent midfielder! We will make the playoffs this spring!!!
mwass
mwass

Back to top Go down

Post  flin Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:42 pm

Great time playing with you all. Every week, the days I looked forward to most are the game day.

It's sad to hear that some guys are leaving, but I understand they have good reasons. And I wish them good luck.

For spring, I may be able to bring some friends, too. It'll still be fun.

flin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down