FC Nutbush
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Last Night

+2
mwass
stolleee
6 posters

Go down

Last Night Empty Last Night

Post  stolleee Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:23 am

I would like to take responsibility for that second goal last night. Shouldnt have happened, moved from an error to not having enough legs to stop it. I played 90 minutes last night and there wasnt anything left in the legs mid second half.
steve

stolleee

Back to top Go down

Last Night Empty Re: Last Night

Post  mwass Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:40 am

Don't blame yourself, you had a great game.
We didn't play too bad last night, I thought possession was pretty even for the most part. There were stretches when they were putting us on our heels but it wasn't like they
were winning all of the loose balls and keeping possession in our end of the pitch.
We had a few great chances on goal but we couldn't finish. I still think we will win more games than we will lose!
Let's get a good showing for Airirang, that was a tough game the first time around and I'm sure they have improved a good bit.
mwass
mwass

Back to top Go down

Post  frankdduncan Mon Sep 29, 2008 2:17 pm

Although 13 should have been marked, I was on my heels and that ball was kicked just a hair to the right of me. I don't know how it got underneath my foot, but it did. That was a saveable ball. My bad. It wasn't a bad game. We need to pull the trigger up front a little more and aim for the goal a little better. It seems as though a good percentage of our shots fly over the goal by a considerable margin. Let's try to keep the ball on the ground. I know that I would much rather have a shot taken at me in the upper 90 than fast and on the ground. Just an observation. Let's get ready for a little AC Frayser action and hand it to them. Good times, good times. Frank the Tank.

frankdduncan

Back to top Go down

Post  lucasedf Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:13 pm

Yeah, I really don't think anyone in particular was responsible for last night. We had a good first half, but after they put one in we just kind of got lost in the field. I know I kept the ball too much and tried to do it all on my own, which did not work. We were running around a lot, which didn't really help because we didn't have enough subs. A little more passing and running to the right place perhaps could have been more effective. Also, remember we didn't have Joel, Issac, or Heitor, and they all can help the team a lot with winning balls in he midfield and passing. I think that team beat the warriors, and they looked like a beatable team, especially on the first half. If we had put one in before them, it would have been a different second half, so I think the blame goes on the offensive players, me included.

See you next Sunday,
Lucas

lucasedf

Back to top Go down

Post  bgoswick Tue Sep 30, 2008 4:41 pm

It looks like everyone else felt as I did after the game was over....dissappointed. I thought the team as a whole gave a good perfomance, with the midfield looking strong. Being part of the defense, I watched 2 long balls make it over every defender but 1, get dribbled around that guy, leaving a one on one with the goalie...resulting in a score. Obviously, we have to shut those down. But, both of these happened after half time, otherwise there were maybe 2 shots on goal, which were easily handled by "the Tank." So, I think we played well. They had in the neighborhood 5-6 subs, we had a couple injured players, and 1 sub; and it was apparent as the game went on.

I think this really highlights the need of having a strong showing of players to every game. Of course, having said that...I'll be on vacation during next game...so good luck!

bgoswick

Back to top Go down

Post  jwillams77 Wed Oct 01, 2008 1:01 pm

My knee's finally better, so I'll be there on Sunday for the Arirang rematch. Unfortunately I just got told I'll be in Training Oct 19 - 29 in Chihuahua Mexico, so I'll miss the two after the cage match with Frayser Crying or Very sad I know that me missing the last two has not helped. Sorry.
jwillams77
jwillams77

Back to top Go down

Post  frankdduncan Thu Oct 02, 2008 5:58 pm

Chihuahua huh? Good times. Tiempos Buenos in Mexico. As my amigo bueno dice: what happens in Mexico, stays in Mexico. Think you can bring back a couple boxes of valium for me? Gracias amigo.

Hasta Domingo.

Twisted Evil

frankdduncan

Back to top Go down

Post  mwass Thu Oct 02, 2008 8:29 pm

frankdduncan wrote:
Think you can bring back a couple boxes of valium for me? Gracias amigo.

Hasta Domingo.

Twisted Evil

If he does you better share!
mwass
mwass

Back to top Go down

Post  jwillams77 Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:56 am

3 days after being told I'm travelign to Mexico they cancel the trip. So no valium for anyone, but on the plus side, you'll get a sub with a healing knee for two weeks Cool What a Face
jwillams77
jwillams77

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down