FC Nutbush
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

comments

2 posters

Go down

comments Empty comments

Post  mwass Wed Dec 10, 2008 12:32 pm

First half we played like shit, it was expected since that was our first game. The second half was a lot better, our execution of the zone seemed to get better as the game went on. If we can continue to get numbers like that to every game, we will have a decent squad. Everyone contributed in one way or another that helped us wilt away their huge lead, I thought we had a chance once we got it down to 10. Until we started to make some bad passes, let's not force passes or try for a long fast break pass (turnovers killed us). We are an older team, we were way more effective when we ran our half court offense. Let's keep that pretty simple as well, especially if teams play a loose zone without doubling up on the post. If we try to get a touch to Kevin or (is it Cooper?) the other big guy we can get easy baskets or trips to the free throw line. Thoughts???
mwass
mwass

Back to top Go down

comments Empty Re: comments

Post  frankdduncan Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:00 pm

We just needed to score more points and we would have had that game, man. Basketball
Seriously though, I think some people are confused as to where their parameters are on a 2-3 defense. Let's have a little tailgate b4 the next game and go over what defenses are in our arsenal and how to run them. I promise at least 4 points in the next game.

Frank the Em Effing Tank

frankdduncan

Back to top Go down

Post  mwass Fri Dec 12, 2008 2:00 pm

frankdduncan wrote:We just needed to score more points and we would have had that game, man. Basketball
Seriously though, I think some people are confused as to where their parameters are on a 2-3 defense. Let's have a little tailgate b4 the next game and go over what defenses are in our arsenal and how to run them. I promise at least 4 points in the next game.

Frank the Em Effing Tank

If I score more than 4 points all season I'll be happy! I'm just there to get defensive rebounds and make good passes!!
No doubt about the confusion, I walked a guy up to the top of the key from the baseline in a zone screaming switch the entire time, I think our guards were in man to man. Not bad for our first game but if we're playing like that at the end of the season I'll be pissed, we have too much talent on this team to not win!!
mwass
mwass

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum