FC Nutbush
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Last week and this week

Go down

Last week and this week Empty Last week and this week

Post  v.Horn Sat Oct 11, 2008 11:02 am

The only comment I have about last week (now that I can post again, thanks Matt) is one word, "Courageous". Feng was absolutely awesome. I think the rest of us fed off of his determination and energy. Also, young James continues to get better every match. Had we had a full-side plus one, we would have won this match and I'm fearful this may come into play as we try to make the play-offs.

Now to this week. If we can put eleven on the field and have the same energy and the same use of the field, we will be hard to beat. The one thing we did last week was spread the field (with only 9 we had no option) and hold the ball until help arrived. We shouldn't have to hold the ball so much, but we definitely need to keep the field open and leave space to run in to that will create our opportunities in front of the goal.

Once again, we will have to really push forward from the back. Defenders we will be the ignition to turning on the offense. We have to be ready to win every ball at midfield, specifically on goal kicks and punts and that means from both ends of the field. If we win the midfield during these occasions, we will win the game. Midfield has to be tireless in their role to connect the front and back. Strikers have to put constant pressure inside the penalty area. First and second touch shots score a lot of goals at this level.

Everyone get good rest and I look forward to being on the pitch with all of you tomorrow.............van

v.Horn

Back to top Go down