FC Nutbush
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It wasn't as bad as the score

4 posters

Go down

It wasn't as bad as the score Empty It wasn't as bad as the score

Post  mwass Fri Sep 12, 2008 1:12 pm

We did some good things during the game, as was said several times our spacing was terrible. Also, the midfield dropped back too far, which enabled their team to stay in our half for far too long.
To end the first half we started to do a little better, most D4 teams don't handle pressure too well.
I have a tendency to attack someone a little too much and overrun them, my knees can't handle stopping that fast anymore. But most of the time when they're looking to pass if you put pressure on them they'll force a bad pass.

Richard is going to coach us for the next few games while he recovers from a past injury. This should help a bit, we'll always have fresh legs and we won't play a man down for 10 minutes! That was my fault, I called for a sub and a few people went off and I didn't count how many had come on.

Overall I like this team, we've got a lot of talent and we do a pretty good job communicating with one another without being assholes. We'll get there eventually, this was only our 3rd game together.
mwass
mwass

Back to top Go down

It wasn't as bad as the score Empty Re: It wasn't as bad as the score

Post  flin Fri Sep 12, 2008 4:35 pm

Indeed, 2-1 should be a fair score.

In defense, we should pay more attention to the people not just the ball. Even if the guy you are guarding passes the ball out, you should follow him. About the middle field dropping too deep, I don't think that's a problem. I think that helps defense, because there will be less space for our opponents to play, especially the space behind our backs. As long as we keep every one of them under pressure, we are good.

Carry on guys, we are getting better.

flin

Back to top Go down

It wasn't as bad as the score Empty vs. Rangers

Post  v.Horn Sat Sep 13, 2008 6:08 pm

My point of view:

One word and Matt has already hit upon it: structure. We run a triangle 4 in the back, a tringle 4 in the middle, and have two up front. It looks something like this:

STRIKER STRIKER

MARC

M M

M
D
D D
SWEEPER

What I saw that really hurt us were midfielders getting tired and lagging back into defense. What this does is cause confusion as to our defensive assignments. If you are blown, get a sub. Don't try to tough it out, we have too many subs to let this happen to us over a little pride. In no way with this alignment should we not control midfield.

Second, a high percentage of time that we passed at our midfield line, we were hitting passes way too soft. If we had this on tape to look at, I promise 4 goals were due to counter attacks off of our weak passes that were intercepted at midfield or before. Had we been a bit more effective on passing, the score would have been drastically different.

It didn't help that Heitor became ill and was unable to continue. I have played with Heitor in previous seasons and he is a difference maker. He makes me a way better player than I am.

Anyway, that's what I saw from the back line.

v.Horn

Back to top Go down

It wasn't as bad as the score Empty vs. Rangers (addendum)

Post  v.Horn Sat Sep 13, 2008 6:10 pm

Wow, this did a crap job of converting the way I had our alignment displayed.

v.Horn

Back to top Go down

Post  jwillams77 Sun Sep 14, 2008 9:49 am

Yeah it drops tabs for some reason. But I think you are correct.
jwillams77
jwillams77

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down