FC Nutbush
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

formation for next game

5 posters

Go down

formation for next game Empty formation for next game

Post  mwass Tue Sep 02, 2008 11:19 am

While watching our game against warriors I noticed we had some holes in the midfield. After talking with Marc I kind of figured out what we can do to correct this. Hopefully this will work. Over the next few weeks we will probably have quite a few people show up to games so let's be patient about playing time and if you're even a little tired and we have a full team come out for fresher legs! This picture is a little bush league, I couldn't find one exactly how I wanted it so I made it myself.

formation for next game Image611

Here is my starting 11 if everyone shows up

GK- Frank
LB- Kevin
CB- Heitor
RB- Bryan
CDM- Van
LM - Isaac
CM- Jimmy
RM- Lucas
CAM- Marc
RF- Jason
LF- Feng

With this we will need to sub heavy in midfield, if we can keep the subs rolling we'll be very good.
Hopefully you guys agree with this, let me know what you think!

Last edited by mwass on Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:32 pm; edited 2 times in total
mwass
mwass

Back to top Go down

formation for next game Empty Re: formation for next game

Post  jwillams77 Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:44 pm

Vanhorn, James, Steve subbing D
Me, You, Richard subbing midfield.

edit, forgot Greg, he's good at D or Midfield with his speed in my opinion.

I think that's thorough, and I agree a 3 - 5- 2 is the way to go for us.

Last edited by jwillams77 on Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
jwillams77
jwillams77

Back to top Go down

Post  mwass Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:56 pm

jwillams77 wrote:Vanhorn, James, Steve subbing D

Cool, thanks for the input.
One thing I noticed when I came in at left back on Sunday is no one was playing left mid! They attacked my side two on one about six times in the last ten minutes.
Luckily, Heitor came over to help, but him coming over to the side so far poses another problem if the ball gets swung back into the middle.
I think if we all know this formation and where we are going to play it will help.

One more thing is to know who you are going in for and what position he was playing. Sometimes I've seen a few players look a little lost on the pitch, including myself when I've noticed another player playing in a position I thought I had subbed in for. If we are all in our proper placements on the field it will make it easier to pass the ball around!

Pretty basic stuff that will come around once we get used to playing together!
mwass
mwass

Back to top Go down

Post  mwass Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:58 pm

jwillams77 wrote:Vanhorn, James, Steve subbing D

Also, Kevin Wilson and Greg will probably play both mid and D
mwass
mwass

Back to top Go down

formation for next game Empty Finally

Post  marc Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:06 pm

Mr Matt : Very Happy

You were right the problem was the browser.
Now I can do everything here......LOL

Nice game last Sunday guys.
With patience and more games together we are going to be one of the best no doubt.

Welcome to the new players.
And lets talk about positions strategy , etc ...
I believe that we are extremaly competitive and if we organize a little bit and do not give some gaps the good results will be a constant.

Marc M

marc

Back to top Go down

formation for next game Empty This and That

Post  v.Horn Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:15 pm

First and foremost, our first game was a terrific success. Congratulations to Matt and Marc for building a very solid team. If we can win a couple of matches as we figure out our starting line-up and our sub rotation, by tournament time we are going to be the team that other teams will dread to play. A great thing about my time between the sticks is that it allowed me to really watch each individual player. If the other 7 guys are of the same quality that we put on the field Thursday and if a couple of guys can step up to consistently put the ball in the back of the net, the only thing that will stop us, will be us.

As you will hear Marc preach, "let the ball do the running". We showed a great knack to put ourselves into open space to receive the ball, especially when a teammate needed to drop a ball off to get out of trouble. We also did a good job of getting the ball to the wing to be crossed back inside.

Also, midfield did a fantastic job of dropping back to mark in our own third. The back three were very consistent and allowed me to make a couple of mistakes as I knocked the rust off the keeper gloves (my first full match as keeper in 13 years).

Sunday was our wake up call. Top returning club from last season and we failed to score. What will make or break us will be our ability to apply consistant pressure up front. This means defenders move into attacking positions as the attack moves forward. Specifically, dead balls past midfield and corner kicks. This takes a lot of running and this is where we will have to freely substitute to be able to constantly apply this type of pressure. Matt or Marc correct me, but these are the things I saw from the back.

Matt thanks for letting an old man have a chance (Marc thanks for looking out for me). I am really looking forward to the upcoming weeks and watching our team grow as a unit.

El Fabuloso Uno................van

v.Horn

Back to top Go down

Post  mwass Tue Sep 02, 2008 11:00 pm

v.Horn wrote:First and foremost, our first game was a terrific success. Congratulations to Matt and Marc for building a very solid team. If we can win a couple of matches as we figure out our starting line-up and our sub rotation, by tournament time we are going to be the team that other teams will dread to play. A great thing about my time between the sticks is that it allowed me to really watch each individual player. If the other 7 guys are of the same quality that we put on the field Thursday and if a couple of guys can step up to consistently put the ball in the back of the net, the only thing that will stop us, will be us.

As you will hear Marc preach, "let the ball do the running". We showed a great knack to put ourselves into open space to receive the ball, especially when a teammate needed to drop a ball off to get out of trouble. We also did a good job of getting the ball to the wing to be crossed back inside.

Also, midfield did a fantastic job of dropping back to mark in our own third. The back three were very consistent and allowed me to make a couple of mistakes as I knocked the rust off the keeper gloves (my first full match as keeper in 13 years).

Sunday was our wake up call. Top returning club from last season and we failed to score. What will make or break us will be our ability to apply consistant pressure up front. This means defenders move into attacking positions as the attack moves forward. Specifically, dead balls past midfield and corner kicks. This takes a lot of running and this is where we will have to freely substitute to be able to constantly apply this type of pressure. Matt or Marc correct me, but these are the things I saw from the back.

Matt thanks for letting an old man have a chance (Marc thanks for looking out for me). I am really looking forward to the upcoming weeks and watching our team grow as a unit.

El Fabuloso Uno................van

Well said Van!

Just wanted to let everyone know that Jamie has decided to transfer back to his old team Arsenal.
Van, you've just been promoted to his spot.

Good luck Jamie! Thanks for your contributions!
mwass
mwass

Back to top Go down

Post  mwass Tue Sep 02, 2008 11:31 pm

Looks like I need to resize that image of the formation. Maybe its just my laptop at home, it is a piece of crap. Does everyone see the full image or does it cutoff for you?
mwass
mwass

Back to top Go down

Post  flin Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:03 am

I can see the pic.
A little concern with this format is that we might give out quite a bit of space on both sides. That requires our backs and keeper to be good at dealing with crosses. Or, maybe we can just shift the whole format to one side as ball goes to that side.
Give it some time for everyone to get to know each other, and play like a team. If we can get a coach, that might help.

flin

Back to top Go down

Post  mwass Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:04 am

flin wrote:I can see the pic.
A little concern with this format is that we might give out quite a bit of space on both sides. That requires our backs and keeper to be good at dealing with crosses. Or, maybe we can just shift the whole format to one side as ball goes to that side.
Give it some time for everyone to get to know each other, and play like a team. If we can get a coach, that might help.

I've asked a few people in the past to do just that, they weren't interested. I'm not sure how many teams in the league actually have a coach, I bet less than 10%. I know player coaches aren't the best way to handle things but if we work together and communicate we'll be fine.
mwass
mwass

Back to top Go down

Post  jwillams77 Wed Sep 03, 2008 11:04 am

I can see the pic, I think it's just a little large for the site, if you can reduce the size probably Matt. But I get the jist of it. Feng, I see your concerns, but I believe it's just a picture thing. I see Marc grazing to the sides for help side midfields while Jimmy (Center Mid) and the Defensive Mid/Stopper will try to stay in control in the center but be able to shift left or right.

I like this team. We controlled Arirang, and I truly believe we lost Warriors just to having so many games in one week, especially team members playing Men's and Coed. I know that by last night's coed game, I could jog at about 40% speed with bursts of sprints to 50% and I did not feel much better for the men's game Sunday. Now that we're closer to the 2 games a week schedule here on out, I think we'll surprise quite a few people. Warriors and Rangers are supposed to be the top based on last year, and I felt like we controlled the warriors fine and they got a few lucky breaks and on the scoreboard.

Van mentioned what the defense sees from the back. Just to add to that, the defense sees alot of dribbling inside our opponents box, and alot of unselfish passing in the box too. That's sometimes good, even necessary, but occaisionally, I think I speak for the entire defense when I say, even if you miss, we want to see some more shots ripped off at the 18.
jwillams77
jwillams77

Back to top Go down

Post  mwass Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:26 pm

jwillams77 wrote:I can see the pic, I think it's just a little large for the site, if you can reduce the size probably Matt. But I get the jist of it. Feng, I see your concerns, but I believe it's just a picture thing. I see Marc grazing to the sides for help side midfields while Jimmy (Center Mid) and the Defensive Mid/Stopper will try to stay in control in the center but be able to shift left or right.

I like this team. We controlled Arirang, and I truly believe we lost Warriors just to having so many games in one week, especially team members playing Men's and Coed. I know that by last night's coed game, I could jog at about 40% speed with bursts of sprints to 50% and I did not feel much better for the men's game Sunday. Now that we're closer to the 2 games a week schedule here on out, I think we'll surprise quite a few people. Warriors and Rangers are supposed to be the top based on last year, and I felt like we controlled the warriors fine and they got a few lucky breaks and on the scoreboard.

Van mentioned what the defense sees from the back. Just to add to that, the defense sees alot of dribbling inside our opponents box, and alot of unselfish passing in the box too. That's sometimes good, even necessary, but occaisionally, I think I speak for the entire defense when I say, even if you miss, we want to see some more shots ripped off at the 18.

I agree, if you get a little space take a crack at it.
mwass
mwass

Back to top Go down

Post  mwass Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:33 pm

I modified the image, does that look a little better?
mwass
mwass

Back to top Go down

Post  jwillams77 Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:43 pm

Yeah, looks fine now.
jwillams77
jwillams77

Back to top Go down

Post  mwass Wed Sep 03, 2008 2:57 pm

marc wrote:Mr Matt : Very Happy

You were right the problem was the browser.
Now I can do everything here......LOL

Nice game last Sunday guys.
With patience and more games together we are going to be one of the best no doubt.

Welcome to the new players.
And lets talk about positions strategy , etc ...
I believe that we are extremaly competitive and if we organize a little bit and do not give some gaps the good results will be a constant.

Marc M

Marc, I'm glad to see you got that straightened out and are able to post.
We'll need your input on things. Obviously face to face is the best way for all of us to get on the same page but this forum
will help.
mwass
mwass

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down